Engineered wood products are consistently sized products that are stronger than dimension lumber, so less material may be needed. Southern Supply offers the industries leasing brands and products.View Our Engineered Lumber Selection
Also called composite wood, man-made wood, or manufactured board, includes a range of derivative wood products which are manufactured by binding or fixing the strands, particles, fibers, or veneers or boards of wood, together with adhesives, or other methods of fixation to form composite materials.
LVL, I-Joist and Rim board
All considered Engineered lumber, LP® SolidStart® LVL is a strong, straight and durable framing product made for superior performance. It can be used in place of traditional lumber for greater consistency and design flexibility. Advantages include:
- Protection: SiteCote™ water-resistant coating protects during construction.
- Peace of Mind: Consistent, accurate sizes and resists warping, twisting and shrinking.
- Strength: Ideal for high-load applications.
- Sustainability: Wood sourced through programs certified under the Sustainable Forestry Initiative®.
- Lifetime Limited Warranty: Products backed by warranties you won’t find with traditional lumber. See complete warranty details for more information.